Meet Marcus Buck, a Process Technician at The Stow Company
- Tell us in just a few sentences about you (and your job) and what you like most about what you do.
I'm 30-years-old, recently married, and the father of three girls. In my free time I enjoy working on cars and playing video games. I'm pretty laid back, but I enjoy getting the job done. I've been with The Stow Company for more than 6 years. My job is simple: keep machines running, fix issues that slow us down, and improve our daily processes. I enjoy the challenge of not knowing exactly what my day is going to look like and getting my hands dirty to find solutions for any machine issues that arise.
- What gets you most excited about coming to work?
My team! We work well together and have a good time.
- What was the moment you knew you'd made the right decision to work here?
During the COVID-19 pandemic. The way the company took care of us during that time was amazing.
- What was your best day at work?
The day I got offered my current position was the best day I've had!
- What are you most proud of?
I'm most proud of my three girls. They make me proud every day, and I love them.
- What's your favorite part of working with the company's team?
My favorite part is the way that we hold each other accountable.
- What have been your biggest accomplishments on our team?
My biggest accomplishments have been being promoted to Batch Plus 1 and then again to Batch Process Technician.
- Which benefits are your favorite and why?
The health benefits. Even with three children, I have good coverage and it's affordable.
- Whatʼs the most unique part about working here?
The way our vice president, Barry, walks around every morning, says hello, and knows all of the employees by name. You don't see that very often in companies anymore, and it makes you feel like more than just another employee.
- How have you grown professionally while on our team?
Absolutely. I have reached a point where I have stopped looking at work as just a job, but more as a career. I've learned that if I work hard I can advance and have a future in the company.
Are you interested in working with and growing alongside a dynamic and innovative team?
Consider applying for a position with Stow and help make peopleʼs lives simple and smarter. Stay current with Stow! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates. You may also meet our team on LinkedIn and view available positions on Indeed.